Saturday, May 19, 2018

Turning stone




Old pal Charlie and wife Kathy treated me to a day at Turning Stone.  They had more comps than they could use, so I ate for free, and they even refused gas money.  I'll think of something nice to do for them.

I had a terrible session before the buffet and lost $142,  
The buffet was very good, but the beef was way too tough.  No more flank steak.  Good meatloat.  You can't make tough meatloaf.  Good veggies and fish.  All good for free.

My second session I did better.  Sometimes I had my opponents well confused.  I pissed off three people in the course of my play.
I had a grand time. Basically I lost $142 before the buffet and then went on a bit of tilt and got $32 back while pi$$$in off three players.
My most unforgiveable hand was 6-8 offsuit which I stayed with for no reason.  The river was an 8 and that was enough.  The rest were all chasing.
When the main better whined, I told him what my 88 year old buddy Dale  in Ocala says.  "6-8 always wins........sometimes........yeah ...........sometimes 6-8 off suit always wins."  I repeated it when my opponent whined, as bad beat losers do, to some other regular who he was talking too at his end of the table.  My attitude is if I can't win money at limit poker, at least I can pi$$ off a lot of old, gumpy  guys.
I was laughing because I last wrote Dale's joke as part of a Spanish lesson in Heredia, Costa Rica.
Oh,  I never showed my cards either, unless I had to, and I did not do that "you and me, check it down bit." 
I'm sure they know me now as poker bastard. 

I checked out the Joker Poker and it is a joke.  I won't be playing that.



No comments: