Sunday, April 10, 2022

OCALA JAI ALAI POKER

I played three hours of poker at Ocala Jai Lai today and lost $70.  

Players were fine, but cards were sorry.  At one point a dealer looked at me and asked, "Don't you ever win a hand?"

They had a new game once every change of dealer.  Grand slam.  

Players ante $10 and are dealt cards.  Then there are two flops and some betting.

Betting on the turn

Betting on the river.

The best hand in each 5 card board wins half the money.

The pots can be big and the winnings substantial. 

I won a hand one time, but the pot was rather low.

I held a 5 another time

It flopped 2-2-5 and the very old woman to my left bet out.

She only bet when she had something.

I folded.

The river was a 5.  She had deuces full of fives.  I would have had fives full of deuces.  Decent pot too.

Another time I had A-K.  I bet $10 preflop. Nothing. Folks bet and I folded but runner runner I would have won with a straight.

Otherwise, the folded hands did not develop.  

I bought in for my $130 and then twice added $100.  I was crawling back to even when the game ended for the tournament.

I went into Ocala and had an Outlaw Ribeye at the Long Horn.  Great food. 

Then home.  

I liked going home with not I-75.  Finally got my routes down and my trips there are over.  

Next year a new location.

No comments: