Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Foxwoods

I went up for my fourth trip to Foxwoods since June.  It was free.  When I got there, I had promo points coming again that boosted up my total so I could get a voucher and my next trip will also be free.  That will be 5 trips for $40 total, each with $15 freeplay and a free buffet.

No profit on the freeplay for the third time in a row.

I just missed getting some Foxwoods plastic mugs there were giving to seniors.  I did get free coffee and went off the diet for a free bran muffin (one small one)

Poker went downhill again and I never got back up.  Down $97 for the day.  Good games.  I switched tables.  No luck.  My best hand was one I stole after a long time of tight play.  A good pot too, but three after me folded when I bet my A-10 nothing.
I lost three times to trips, twice with draws on the river.
I drew once a runner-runner club flush and beat a fellow with good cards.

Players were fine.  Just as I left for supper, the more aggressive folks were coming in.  4PM is a good time to plan the meal.  No lines and escape from either supper shorted tables or new and unknown players.

The bus was more crowded and everyone tried to save the seat next to them with some luggage.  I went to the far back and sat in the farthest seat.  It was fine for me, but the guy there already felt a bit crunched.  So on the way back I talked to the driver and he sat me right up front by myself.  There was a lot of complaining about seats too this trip.  I had a fine ride back, but no movie.  Some were mad at the driver, but he was great for me. 

I read an old book I've had forever. 
Freezing Down by Anders Bodelsen.  It held great promise, but disappointed me.  A fine idea that was basically poorly developed and concluded.  I better liked my filler book, American Literary Anecdotes.

I did not have much time to think about the trip.  On the way back, I saw a fine sunset, but the scenery was not as great as it usually is.

No comments: